Happy first day of fall! Here at Away.com we lament the fact that summer often gets all the attention, what with its abundance of festivals, concerts, fairs, summer holidays and vacations—and that little thing called warm weather. But fall has its own seasonal perks. Along with the spectacular reds, yellows, and oranges that color the landscape each fall, you can look forward to apple picking, pumpkin festivals, Oktoberfest homages to beer, and even hot-air balloon festivals. Cooler temps also provide a respite from the heat in areas of the South and Southwest, as well as a break from the crowds that flock to popular vacation spots during the summer months. So throw on a jacket and head for trails, forests, farms, and small towns to enjoy the best the season has to offer. To get you inspired, check out some of Away.com's resources for autumn travel.
- Fall Foliage Guide: Find tons of fall travel ideas by region, and a state-by-state guide for prime leaf-peeping times.
- Top Ten Rail-Trails for Fall Foliage: We teamed up with Rails-to-Trails Conservancy to pinpoint ten perfect rail-trails for experiencing fall’s changing colors.
- Top Ten Autumn Escapes: Fall's Best Forests: Where better to absorb the stunning beauty of fall's foliage than in our national forests?
- Top Fall Hikes: Hiking Expert Karen Berger shares her picks for the best fall hikes in the country.
- Scenic Drives Guide: Scope the autumn scene from the comfort of your car. Get the best roadside views on these itineraries for drives around the country and all over the world.
|Email this post|||||Permalink|