Q1) What is the #WorldTravelCup?
From June 11 – July 11, 2010, Away.com will host a #WorldTravelCup challenge on Twitter. Travel tweeps are encouraged to join in on the fun by affiliating with one of 32 countries included in our #WorldTravelCup roster. To play, answer questions tweeted by @awayblog over the course of four weeks. A correct answer earns your team a goal and you a chance at winning one of two round-trip flight vouchers. Click here for more details and a link to the full contest terms and conditions.
Q2) How do I participate in the #WorldTravelCup?
See the step-by-step instructions for taking part here. To participate, you must declare your entry by tweeting "I'm supporting [insert country name] in the #WorldTravelCup".
Q3) Where can I check the score for the #WorldTravelCup?
Check out our leaderboard. The tally will be updated daily with goals from the previous day's Twivia question.
Q4) Is there a prize?
The ultimate prize for the winning team? GLORY, of course! Beyond that, all members of the winning team will be eligible to win one of two free round-trip flight vouchers. Click here to read the complete contest terms and conditions .
Q5) How do I win the grand prize?
Participate in the #WorldTravelCup by answering questions and using the hashtag #WorldTravelCup. The team with the most goals at the end of the contest on July 11 will be declared the winners. All members of the winning team will be requested to tweet (in 140 characters or less, including the hashtag #WorldTravelCup) their dream vacation getaway (each a "Finalist Tweet"). A panel of Away.com judges will select the two best Finalist Tweets to win the contest Grand Prize.
Q6) Who is the media contact for the #WorldTravelCup?
Send an email to press-relations (at) away (dot) com.
Q7) Who can I contact with general questions about the #WorldTravelCup?
Please submit your comments and questions to our Feedback Page and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Q8) Is FIFA sponsoring this contest?
No, Away.com's #WorldTravelCup involves no endorsement, sponsorship, or affiliation with the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) or the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
1. Affiliate yourself with one of the 32 countries in our #WorldTravelCup roster by adding your team's flag to your Twitter avatar. Direct links to your team's Twibbons are here. Takes two seconds! (Note: it's optional, too.)
2. Declare your participation by tweeting "I'm supporting [insert country name] in the #WorldTravelCup". You must do this to be included in the tally of goals.
3. Be on the lookout for questions from our Twitter.com account (@awayblog) over the next four weeks
4. To answer a question: Tweet your response followed by
5. Correctly answer the question and earn a "GOAL" for your team!
6. Current team standings will be updated each day on our #WorldTravelCup leaderboard.
We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), its affiliated entities, the official FIFA World Cup website, nor any governing continental or national football body, any individual team, club, organization, or player. Read full terms and conditions for Away.com's #WorldTravelCup contest here.
|Email this post|||||Permalink|